CDP "Globus" - Short introduction in English
CDP „Globus“ is the first centre for the development of social entrepreneurship in Bosnia and Herzegovina, registered as an association of citizens in February 2014 in Banja Luka. Team of CDP “Globus” is composed of highly motivated professionals/experts with experience in implementation of projects in the field of social inclusion, employment and entrepreneurship, engaged under contracts/specific projects.
Our mission is to promote and to encourage the development of social entrepreneurship and activity on the principles of solidarity towards reducing social exclusion, poverty and unemployment in Bosnia and Herzegovina.
Main goals and strategic priorities of the organization are:
- Promoting and encouraging the development of social entrepreneurship through research, education, consulting and direct support on non-profit basis;
- Advocating for the establishment and development of institutional and legislative framework in the field of social entrepreneurship;
- Activity on the promotion, advancement and protection of human rights and overcoming poverty and social exclusion;
- Strengthening the capacity of NGOs and other target groups for the implementation of programs / projects in the field of social entrepreneurship;
- Raising the level of social responsibility, entrepreneurial culture and ethics in the community / society.
Since its establishment, CDP “Globus” is devoted to the development of cooperation with other organizations in BiH and abroad. Our activists are initiators and creators of the first Coalition for the Development of Social Entrepreneurship in BiH (informal network), dedicated to building a more favourable environment for the development of social entrepreneurship in Bosnia and Herzegovina. CDP “Globus” is a member of the Diesis Network, one of the widest European networks specialized in supporting the development of the social economy, social entrepreneurship, based in Brussels, Belgium.
CDP “Globus” is the winner of the international award and recognition “Creators for the Centuries” twice, for the contribution to the development of entrepreneurship in Central and South-Eastern Europe 2018 and for special initiative and excellence in entrepreneurial creativity in Central and South-Eastern Europe 2022.
The organization is managed by dr Anita Šimundža – president of CDP “Globus” - a doctor of business sciences, with doctoral thesis on social entrepreneurship, title acquired at the Faculty of Economics and Business, University of Maribor, Slovenia. She has more than 18 years of experience in the research, promotion, creation and coordination of programs / projects in the field of human rights and entrepreneurship. Most of her professional experience is related to the development of programs/projects in social entrepreneurship in Bosnia and Herzegovina. During the previous years, she actively worked on concrete projects in order to contribute to reduction of poverty, unemployment and social exclusion.
15 nov, 2023